Jungle Tours & Trekking specialises in extended and day tours for the adventurous budget traveller to Cape Tribulation and the Daintree – where the oldest rainforest in the world meets the Great Barrier Reef. Our motto is Small Groups, Big Adventures.
We respect the environment and are committed to environmental best practices to ensure we promote sustainability and protect our natural assets.
Did you know?
- One hectare of rainforest absorbs 894,420 tonnes of CO2 every year. The Daintree Rainforest covers an area of 1200km2 so that’s 107,330,400 tonnes of CO2 being absorbed every year!
- Travelling in groups on a coach tour will reduce your carbon footprint. A full coach releases an average of 50% less in CO2 than the equivalent in petrol cars.
Our tours are accredited under Ecotourism’s Nature Tourism (Tourism in natural areas that leaves minimal impact on the environment) and in 2013, Ecotourism Australia awarded our company with Green Travel Leader status for being ECO certified for 10 years or more.
Environmental commitments that we have in practice:
- We don’t leave our engines idling when the coach is not in use, reducing noise and air pollution.
- Coaches are parked in the shade wherever possible to assist with air-conditioning and passenger comfort.
- We partner with Eco Certified products to ensure your tour is as Eco friendly as possible.
- We take out everything we take in.
- We deliver informative and relevant commentary about the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area to educate and increase awareness about the bio-diversity and ecological and cultural significance of the area.
Our company is also committed to continually improving our work practices and we achieve this by encouraging staff and management to suggest improvements for implementation.
Most recently, we have started to replace the engines in our Yutong and Higer vehicles with Euro5 engines which are proven to deliver exceptional performance with low running costs but more importantly they provide environmental benefits of low noise and low emissions.