Looking for Daintree Day Trips from Cairns? With the world’s oldest rainforest, stunning beaches and rare and quirky wildlife just a stones throw away from the cosmopolitan city, the Daintree is a must-visit!
From zip-lining across the rainforest canopy, to seeing wild Estaurine Crocodiles on the Daintree rivers, these Daintree Day trips from Cairns are sure to make your Tropical North Queensland trip one to remember!
Daintree Day Trips From Cairns
Explore The World’s Oldest Rainforest
Tens of millions of years older than the Amazon Rainforest, the Daintree Rainforest is the oldest living rainforest on the entire planet. Dating back a whopping 180 million years, exploring the Daintree Rainforest is, quite literally, like taking a trip back in time.
Alongside this, the Daintree is also the largest rainforest in the world and encompasses a large 1,200 square kilometre area.
Daintree Day Tours From Cairns
Experience breathtaking beaches, ancient plant life and iconic wildlife on Jungle Tour’s Go Wild Daintree & Cape Tribulation Day Tour. Featuring the best that Daintree has to offer, this action-packed tour also features guaranteed Cassowary and Crocodile spottings.
Join a group of fellow young adventurers for a day of fun, wildlife, nature and beach on this eco-certified day tour.
- Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas: Hand feed kangaroos & wallabies, see koalas, emus, cassowaries and the rare Lumholtz’s Tree Kangaroo. Walk the world’s first Predator Plank over giant Estaurine Crocodiles, You can even cuddle a koala (additional cost)
- Daintree River Cruise: Search for the wild Saltwater Crocodiles! Keep your eyes peeled in this unique mangrove habitat for snakes, birds and more.
- Cape Tribulation Beach: Walk on the pristine sands of one of the Tropical North’s most beautiful beaches. See the point where the World Heritage Rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef meet.
- Guided Rainforest Boardwalk Tour: Join your passionate guide for a walk through the ancient Daintree rainforest! Learn about unique flora and fauna, see incredible fan palm gardens and more.
- Alexandra Lookout: Enjoy breathtaking views of the Daintree Rainforest & out to the Coral Sea.
- Tropical Lunch: In Cape Tribulation
- Daintree River Ferry
- Scenic Drive: Travel from Cairns to Port Douglas along one of the most stunning coastal drives in Australia
- Return transfers
Jungle Surfing Day Trip From Cairns
Looking for a fun and unique way to explore the Daintree Rainforest? How about literally flying over the rainforest! Jungle Tour’s Jungle Surfing day trip from Cairns offers an exhilarating, adrenaline-filled zipline tour over the stunning Daintree Rainforest,
- Jungle Surfing Zipline Tour: Fly through the ancient rainforest on this exhilarating zip lining tour!
- Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas: Get up close to a myriad of Aussie animals including Kangaroos, Koalas, Emus & Cassowaries
- Daintree River Cruise: Look for wild crocodiles on the Daintree River.
- Alexandra Lookout: Stop at this breathtaking lookout for views of the Daintree Rainforest out to the sea.
- Tropical Lunch: At Cape Tribulation.
- Scenic Cairns- Port Douglas drive
- Return transfers